Reasons why I love sliders:
1. Their small size allows me to portion control
2. They are super fast and easy to cook
3. They are great to serve to large numbers of family and friends.
So why not try these awesome sliders? The pesto mixed into the meat gives it that extra kick of flavor when you want something different. Try these today and enjoy!
Add pesto to the ground beef:
Make 6 patties, being careful to not over handle the meat:
Cook in pan or on grill:
Top with cheese:
Bruschetta Burger Sliders
Serves: 3 Prep: 10 min Cook 8 min
- 1 pound 85% Lean Ground Beef
- 2 Tablespoons Jarred Pesto
- 2 slices (Deli Slices) Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 slices (1/4 Inch Thick Slices) Fresh Tomato
- 4 leaves Basil
- 6 whole Small Buns ( I Used Challah Buns From Whole Foods)
1. In a medium bowl, add ground beef and pesto. Mix together until pesto is evenly distributed. Make into 6 evenly sized patties. Wash your hands and slice each piece of cheese into 3 slices, for 6 total. Slice the tomato in the same fashion.
2. Heat a a saute pan to medium high heat. Once hot, add the patties and cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Flip them over and add cheese, cook until cheese is melted and the burger is done, about 3 minutes more. Take off heat and let the burgers rest.
3. Meanwhile preheat broiler and slice buns. Place the split buns on a baking sheet and place it under the broiler. Cook until buns are toasted, about 2 minutes. Remove pan from oven and set aside.
4. Assemble burger: place a burger on a bun, top with tomato and basil. Add top bun. Enjoy!