I have tried to like oatmeal. It is one of those things that you always see as super healthy food along with green tea and curry powders ( which I can’t stand either). It is really just a texture distaste for me. Mushy, gloppy goo is not appealing. But I do love me some oatmeal cookies and I had some ripe bananas, so I thought I would give this recipe a shot. This recipe solves many problems. I use my bananas, eat my oats and make a healthy grab- and- go breakfast for the week.
Mash the bananas:
Add the rest of the ingredients:
Banana Bread Oatmeal Bars:
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Serves: 10 people
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 TBSP ground cinnamon
- 1 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit . Use cooking spray to grease a 8 by 8 glass cooking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, mash bananas until there are no large clumps. Add egg, vanilla, brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix until well combined. Add oats and almonds, stir until well combined.
3. Pour into glass dish, spreading evenly.
4. Place in oven and cook till edges are golden brown, about 30 minutes, turning the pan at 15 min.
5. Let cool before serving or storing for the week in an airtight container.