If french toast and a cinnamon roll had a love child, this dessert would be it. I made french toast this weekend and had some leftover brioche bread so I decided to try out this new dessert.
Cinnamon French Toast Dessert:
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Serves: 2 people
- 4 slices french brioche bread
- 7 strawberries
- 1 TBSP Butter
- 2 TBSP granulated sugar
- 2 TBSP ground cinnamon
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 TBSP skim or low-fat milk
- 1/2 TSP vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place sliced bread on baking sheet.
2. Spread butter and Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon equally on bread.
3. Bake in oven for about 10 minutes or until the bread is toasted and golden brown.
4. Meanwhile make icing. Combine powdered sugar and milk together and stir, adding more milk if consistency is too thick. Icing will thicken as it sets.
5. Wash and slice strawberries.
6. Assemble dessert. Drizzle bread with icing and add sliced strawberries.
This could also be eaten for breakfast, but depends on how much sugar you want to ingest.